财务副经理
财务副经理
  • 阅读:1316
  • 回复:0

《华尔街日报》亚洲奖学金现正接收申请(截止日期3月29日)

楼主#
更多 发布于:2013-02-25 15:13

《华尔街日报》亚洲奖学金现正接收申请(截止日期3月29日)

《华尔街日报》亚洲奖学金现正接收申请。这个16个月的项目向亚洲地区的有志记者提供在纽约学习财经新闻的机会。奖学金包括学习、旅行和住宿费用。很多获得此奖学金的记者最后都获得为《华尔街日报》和其他重要媒体工作的机会。申请截止日期是3月29日。
详细内容看这里:
Can I apply online?
No. All applications must be sent by mail. (See below for email address)
What is the procedure for applying?
Applying for the fellowship involves several steps:
First, interested journalists must submit required materials to the judges by March 28, 2012. Candidates can email the material (PDFs only!) to Prof. Adam Penenberg: adam.penenberg@nyu.edu or mail it to the address printed below.
Second, the judges read the materials and identify the leading candidates.  These candidates are interviewed in Asia by Dow Jones correspondents and are given a writing test.
Third, the judges identify the finalists, who are interviewed by phone.
Fourth, one or more finalists submit applications to NYU and take the GRE and TOEFL. The fellowship offer is not officially made until NYU accepts the candidate for admission.
What materials do I need to submit to apply?
All candidates must submit the following:
A one-page resume, written in English, detailing work and educational experience.
Three to five published articles written in English.
The judges would prefer that at least two of the articles be longer enterprise features. In general, the articles should be chosen to demonstrate your reporting, writing and analytical skills. They need not be focused on business or financial topics, although such articles would be preferable.
A 200- 300-word memo describing an article you would like to pursue on a business topic of significance to a broader international readership.
The memo should lay out the thesis of the article, offer some supporting evidence for the thesis, detail how you would pursue the story, and explain why the topic is of relevance to a global audience.
An original 1,000-word essay written in English.
The 1,000-word essay must be written entirely by you without any assistance in composition or editing. It will be judged both as a piece of writing and as evidence of your aspirations, interests, abilities, and experience. It should be specific and detailed enough to communicate a concrete sense of your character and capability. You must write out and sign the following statement: I did not receive assistance of any kind in the composition and editing of this essay.
In the essay, tell us about yourself. What were your key inspirations in your life and as a journalist? How did you come to have an interest in business journalism, and what role do you see it playing as part of the media? What are your hopes and dreams as a journalist, whether or not you win this Fellowship? How will the NYU program help you accomplish your goals if you are selected? And what will you bring to the program? Tell us also about your interests outside of journalism. What are your broader goals in life?
Transcripts of any university you have attended; GRE and TOEFL score reports if you have already taken these tests; names of three people who can recommend you, including the following contact information: address, phone number, and email address.
Where do I send my application?
Email your application packet (PDFs only) to adam.penenberg@nyu.edu or send it by post to:
Prof. Adam L. Penenberg, Assistant Director
Business and Economic Reporting Program
Arthur L. Carter Journalism Institute
New York University
20 Cooper Square
New York, NY 10003
USA
Envelopes should be marked
“The Wall Street Journal Asia Fellowship at NYU.”
Don’t forget to include an e-mail address with your contact information.
Allow plenty of time for the package to arrive. Dow Jones is not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, or ineligible applications that are not received on time.
Will I get my application materials back?
No. All application materials become the property of Dow Jones and will not be returned.
Do I need to apply separately for a place on the program?
Only finalists for the fellowship will be required to apply to NYU. The fellowship is not officially awarded until the judges have selected a finalist and that person has been accepted for admission to NYU.
Is there any other way to get funding towards the NYU business journalism program?
The fellowship is very competitive, and inevitably a number of highly qualified candidates will be disappointed. So we encourage those who are applying for the WSJ Fellowship to also apply directly for admission to NYU’s program in Business and Economic Reporting, which would enable those who are not offered the fellowship to compete for admission and potentially a scholarship award directly from NYU. The school’s scholarship awards are not as generous as the fellowship, but over the years they have enabled journalists from Asia and around the world to study in the BER program. Online application is here.
BER is now considering regular applications on a rolling basis until May 1.
For the deadline for the fellowship, read about the timeline here.

喜欢0

返回顶部